by Ana Rosenberg
If you’re an independent professional, expert or entrepreneur, getting new ideal clients is always at the top of your mind. And it’s frustrating when business strategies you heard about to get clients don’t seem to work, even when they come from successful, well-meaning people.
I’m going to share with you my favorite 7 strategies to attract new ideal clients that work specifically for people like us, professionals, experts and entrepreneurs. You’ll also discover the strategies that are not working so well so that you can choose the right ones for you and your business without having to do anything remotely “sales-y”.
1 – Referrals. Did you know that referred clients are 4 times more likely to say “yes”?
2. – Networking. There is nothing more powerful than being able to shake hands with people and look at them in the eye. You can build trust and connection very quickly, in contrast to the online world where people experience an “image” of you in a little screen. (Don’t get me wrong, I’ve built my business with online strategies because of my geographic location and inability to communicate in the local language. All I’m saying is that online can take a longer learning curve, requires certain skills while networking is something that you can go and do today).
3. – Speaking. This strategy is great because people can experience you and your passion. It also immediately positions yourself as a Leading Authority. It is the most efficient way to get clients because you speak to many people at the same time. Those people are probably very interested in what you have to say. Otherwise, they wouldn’t be in the audience.
4.– Publishing a book. If you publish the right kind of book, it opens doors for you, helps people refer you effectively, it helps you get even more speaking engagements, media exposure and collaboration with bigger players in your space. The book should be structured in such a way that helps your ideal potential client know that you understand their problem and that you have a relevant solution for them. (And if we are talking about Leading Authority positioning, nothing says “authority” louder and clearer than being the author of the book in your area of expertise).
5. – Video. It’s a very effective strategy to connect with people online because they get to experience you and your energy. It obviously doesn’t replace the “live” experience but it’s the closest way. (A word of caution here, when done poorly it can instantly position you as a person to be ignored. You’re going to hear people say “just turn on the camera on your phone and everything will be fine”. It’s not as simple as that).
I want to share my video strategy with you. I don’t record on camera videos. I record presentations or my screen. So people can hear me teach them and see visuals that support the points I’m presenting.
6. – Blogging. Writing articles again can position you as a Leading Authority in your space because of its written nature. Every blog post and every article that you publish has the potential to become a path for your ideal potential clients to discover you… but…
Just because a blog post or an article is online, it doesn’t mean that people will immediately find it in the sea of posts and articles on the topic.
7.– Social Media. When used strategically, it can be an efficient way of putting your message in front of the people you can help the most. However, it does require a set of skills that go beyond posting something on Facebook.
And this leads us to…
8. – Advertising. I’m talking specifically on learning to advertise on social media channels like Facebook or to use Google to put your message in front of the right people.
It is a worthy path to learn how to advertise but not an easy one. I say it is worthy because it frees you from depending on anything else to be able to get new clients when you want them. It takes a lot of skills and commitment to testing and learning, plus a financial commitment.
Next Step – Choose strategically the strategies you are able to implement today and that will bring the biggest ROI (return on investment) and obviously go ahead and put them into action.
Till next time, remember… your awesomeness is portable. You can take it with you anywhere.
PS – Would you like to discover how to create and publish your book in 90 days? Then, I’d like to invite you to a FREE Online Training: The 90-Day Authority Book Formula. You can get all the deets here.
FREE Intensive Training – The 90-Day Book Formula – How to create and publish a business-building book that positions you and your contribution to be seen, respected and chosen by your best clients/patients/students… even if writing is not your thing. Would you like to come as my VIP guest? You can reserve your seat here – http://www.anarosenberg.com/the-90-day-book-formula/
Would you like to use this article for your website/blog/newsletter?
You can, as long as you include this complete blurb with it:
Internationally recognized best-seller author, Ana Rosenberg, teaches conscious entrepreneurs and service professionals around the globe how to build and grow a profitable, sustainable business to be proud of FAST! Get her FREE TRAINING "How To Build A Business To Be Proud Of Fast!" at www.AnaRosenberg.com/BuildBizFast/
Ana provides Business and Marketing Success advice and resources to over 50,000 followers via www.AnaRosenberg.com and her social media channels.